Tuesday, November 18, 2008

disabled consumers online

My disclaimer:
This is more or less what the story will contain. However, I don't really decide how to structure things until I finish interviews and sit down to write. Also, my story/paper won't be a story/paper but a small web site because my master's report will be in web site format...

Focus of the story:
How do online businesses (or businesses online) ignore or accommodate disabled consumers?

Structure and/or topics:
Example of specific problem
Define accessibility
Disabled consumers and spending power
Other economic details
Examples of what makes sites accessible
Why people ignore accessibility
Real examples of accessible and inaccessible sites
What inaccessible sites aren't doing and how they could change

Potential sources
Experts
Advocates
Developers
Online business representatives
Economists
Disabled student office

No comments: